24 diciembre 2005

reality bites

LELAINA:
Mom, I need to talk to you about a loan.
MOTHER:
Is it for drugs?
LELAINA:
No. No, it's not for drugs. I was f... I lost my job.
MOTHER:
But you shouldn't have any trouble... finding another job, sugar bugger.
LELAINA:
No. See, I tried. I applied for every single opening in my field... but there's just... There's nothing right now.
MOTHER:
Hmm. Well... then I hate to say it but... times are hard. You're just gonna have to swallow your pride. Why don't you get a job at Burgerama? They'll hire you. My lord, I saw on the TV... they had this little retarded boy working the cash register.
LELAINA:
Because I'm not retarded, mom. I was valedictorian of my university.
FATHER:
Well, you don't have to put that down on your application.

N-/3:09 p.m./
0 Comentarios